My goal for this post is to give you some information about flu shots that you may not be aware of. Then it is up to you to do a little more research to make an informed decision about what is right for you in your individual case.
Did you know that you can still get the flu even if you have a flu shot?
There is a different flu shot every year. The strains are usually chosen in the spring for flu season that starts anywhere from October to January. This means that there is a certain amount of guess work to get the correct strain.
Have you ever read the insert that comes with the flu shot?
Your doctor should have it available for you upon your request.
Common Side Effects
- Sore Throat
- Muscle Aches
Rare but Serious Side Effects
- Guillain Barre-the body's immune system attacks part of the peripheral nervous system causing weakness and tingling in hands and feet.
- Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
- Thimerosal (mercury additive)-Mercury is linked to an increased risk of autism in children, autoimmune, brain injury and neurotoxin.
- Aluminum-Increased risk of Alzheimers disease and seizures
- Formaldehyde-Known cancer causing agent
- Antifreeze-Cardiovascular dysfunction and kidney failure
- Chick Embryos
Alternatives to getting the Flu Shot
- Full nights sleep
- Eat balanced diet
- Manage Stress check out post-Stress Kills
Do you have any personal experiences when it comes to preventing the flu in a natural way or experiences with getting a flu shot? Please share your experiences in the comments section.
Links for vaccine information sheets: